Prior Resident Specialist
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Position may become fully remote if it qualifies for the Customer Care Center’s business continuity policy.
The Prior Resident Specialist is responsible for processing prior resident final statements/security deposits and researching balance and damage disputes.
- Successfully meets all established performance standards and metrics. These standards include but are not limited to schedule adherence and acceptable Quality Assurance scores.
- Timely and accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
- Maintain all documentation in accordance with AvalonBay policy and procedure.
- Ensure all information provided to residents is accurate and complies with regulatory and departmental requirements.
- Process all resident phone payments in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all side responsibilities during downtime.
- Handle and resolve resident inquiries with regard to their financial accounts.
- Handling inbound telephone calls from residents and make outbound calls to communities
- Ensure all account enquiries are followed up on within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Team Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities which are required.
- Two years experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications
- Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule (some overtime may be required)
- Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with data entry and excel required
- Experience with accounting systems is highly preferred
- Must be able to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED) required
- Must meet minimum Internet speed requirements of 25mbps upload and download hardwired. Wifi is not allowed. These are the network requirements order to work remotely.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29711
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
"Ours is an environment where people from all backgrounds feel they can thrive and do their best work."Steve, Leasing Consultant