Prior Resident Specialist
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Prior Resident's Team in Virginia Beach, VA.
Position may become fully remote if it qualifies for the Customer Care Center’s business continuity policy.
The SODA Specialist is responsible for processing prior resident final statements/security deposits and researching balance and damage disputes.
- Successfully meets all established performance standards and metrics. These standards include but are not limited to schedule adherence and acceptable Quality Assurance scores.
- Timely and accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
- Maintain all documentation in accordance with AvalonBay policy and procedure.
- Ensure all information provided to residents is accurate and complies with regulatory and departmental requirements.
- Process all resident phone payments in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all side responsibilities during downtime.
- Handle and resolve resident inquiries with regard to their financial accounts.
- Handling inbound telephone calls from residents and make outbound calls to communities
- Ensure all account enquiries are followed up on within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Team Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities which are required.
- Two years experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications
- Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule (some overtime may be required)
- Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with data entry and excel required
- Experience with accounting systems is highly preferred
- Must be able to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED) required
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job ID 26591
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
"Ours is an environment where people from all backgrounds feel they can thrive and do their best work."Steve, Leasing Consultant