Virginia Beach, Virginia
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
State::VA City:Virginia Beach
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
We are currently searching for a Network Voice Engineer to be based at our VA Beach office.
The Network Voice Engineer is responsible for VoIP and LAN technologies at AvalonBay’s Customer Care Center. In this position, you must ensure the stable and efficient operation of network systems that support core call center functions. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires experience and knowledge in both voice and data network operations.
- Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager, Unity, Finesse, & UCCX) administration
- Develop and modify UCCX call flows/scripts
- Design and implement new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Administration of phone systems for Corporate regional offices
- Install, configure and support network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, DNS and DHCP
- Proactively monitor VPN and MPLS networks for connectivity and performance issues
- Manage local firewall and Palo Alto to provide network security
- Assist in planning and design of new IVR based phone platform
- Work with local IT group on systems support and administration ranging from desktop to enterprise level
- Work with internal customers, external customers and Sr. Network Personnel to resolve network issues discovered through monitoring or escalated via the help desk
- Assist Sr. network personnel with the installation and maintenance of enterprise grade networking hardware and software at company business locations
- Author knowledge sharing material for internal use as well as articles suitable for direct distribution to customers
- Complete data entry as required
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred. Equivalent certification and/or work experience will be considered.
- Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager, UCCX, Unity)
- Experience with complex telephony environments including SIP, PRI, VOIP, etc.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing telephony infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot network connectivity & latency issues
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching
- Experience with MS SQL databases, queries & connections
- Call center environment experience a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytics skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management
- High attention to detail and organization
- Ability to research and learn new technologies and adapt to changes in technology
- Ability to read and understand technical network documentation
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications such as Vizio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to setup equipment which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 50lbs
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced work environment
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine, postage machine, and audiovisual equipment
Though not required, our ideal candidate will have exposure to one or more of the following: Verint Call Recording, U-Nexsys Campaign Management, or 2RING Gadgets. Cisco CCNA Voice or Cisco CCNA Collaboration certification is a plus.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID 25326
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer