Cash Reconciliation Specialist II
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate our team in Virginia Beach, VA as a Cash Reconciliation Specialist I.
To assist in the cash reconciliation process for all AvalonBay bank accounts; track and assist in the resolution of outstanding items, maintain open communication with our Customer Service and Cash Management partners.
1. Complete cash reconciliations for all assigned non-corporate bank accounts each month
2. Complete outstanding check reconciliations for all assigned accounts
3. Upload necessary daily files to reconciliation software
4. Daily review of t-recs program to monitor outstanding items and complete necessary matches
5. Coordinate efforts to resolve outstanding items/cases with associates in cash management, accounting and customer service
6. Monitor payment service reclass emails and set cases
7. Prepare necessary reclass and monthly journal entries
8. Monitor and update transactions for known issues
9. Monitor and propose updates to matching rules
10. Assist with audit requests
11. Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
1. Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
2. Three to four years related experience at AvalonBay (preferred)
3. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
4. Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, MRI, and Salesforce
5. Strong working knowledge of T-Recs reconciliation software
6. Strong understanding of matching rules in reconciliation software
7. Strong time management and organizational skills
8. Strong customer service focus
9. Ability to work well with accounting team, property management team, on-site associates and other departments including upper management
10. Strong analytical skills
11. Strong sense of teamwork and work ethic demonstrated
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job ID 26731
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer