Accounts Payable Analyst II
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
This position ensures timely processing of invoices and payments. This includes handling AP related inquiries as well as helping vendors with any payment or invoice related issues. This position and acts as a liaison between C&D Accounting and field associates.
Duties and Tasks
1. Ensure timely processing of payment through various software systems.
2. Provide accounts payable support for Construction and Development by responding to various database requests.
3. Review expenses for accuracy and compliance with company policy.
4. Reviews vendor payment requests for compliance with company policy and code for processing
5. Research vendor inquiries about payments and invoices.
6. Monitors and resolves vendor account aging and reconciliations as assigned
7. Monitors system requests and provide training to the field on process and workflow
8.Participates in system testing and documentation as required
9. Run and analyze AP reports as needed.
10. Assist with audit requests.
11. Participates in onboard training and mentoring of new hires
12. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills ability and training required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and some additional education preferred
- At least 2-3 year AP experience at AvalonBay preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of excel
• Possesses strong math and analytical skills
• Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
• Possesses a working knowledge of accounting software systems
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and is detail oriented
• Possesses a strong customer service focus as well as a strong sense of teamwork and work ethic
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
• Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
• Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
• Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
• A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
• A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer