Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Vienna
Zip Code: 22180
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
As Concierge you will be the face of AvalonBay. The moment new prospects and current residents see you at the front desk, they’ll feel welcome and know that they’re in good hands. You will monitor foot traffic, provide top-notch customer service, and maintain a luxury curb appeal
- the ability to tackle new problems and see them through until the end. You understand the importance of following through, showing residents care and attention.
- strong communication skills. Whether it be in-person or over the phone, you’re able to provide information, direction, and instruction – along with quality conversations! Your writing and speaking abilities are well developed and you’re able to connect well with others.
- time management. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and time-sensitive requests while keeping composure and positivity.
- patience. If things get difficult, you’re the picture of poise and able to provide the best level of customer service to all residents, vendors and future prospects coming through the front doors.
- organization. Whether it’s phone messages, resident packages, or maintenance requests - you’re able to keep everything in line and moving efficiently, escalating to proper next steps.
High School diploma or equivalency (GED) required. Related experience in a hotel, retail or restaurant is preferred. There are both full-time and part-time concierge opportunities available at AvalonBay covering a variety of shifts - which could include morning, evening, weekend or overnight. This is a great position to supplement any work you're already doing and to gain valuable experience in the hospitality industry.
This position is 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. If you’re looking for something else to better fit your schedule, check out jobs.avalonbay.com for details on other open Concierge positions!
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- opportunities for growth based on achievement and promotion from within
- associate recognition and merit increases
- a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision insurance.
- tuition reimbursement
- a 401(k) retirement plan
- a culture built on purpose and our core values – A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29307
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
"Ours is an environment where people from all backgrounds feel they can thrive and do their best work."Steve, Leasing Consultant