Maintenance Technician - $1,000 Sign on BonusApply Now
Job Type: Non Exempt
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. With over 280 communities and nearly 84,000 apartment homes, you have endless opportunities to make a difference in our residents’ lives. Our culture is built on purpose and our core values , which is why Glassdoor ranks us as one of 2019’s Best Places to Work. If you’re looking for rewarding work with unparalleled benefits, we would like to hear from you.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
As a Maintenance Technician, you will make apartments move-in ready and help address any resident maintenance requests. One day, you could be patching and painting walls. The next, you might update kitchen fixtures, and walk a resident through the features of their new dishwasher. Every day, you’ll be creating the best possible experience in our community.
- 2-3 years’ experience in maintenance, facilities, or field with related skills
- Positive attitude
- Desire to help people
- Basic knowledge of:
- General repairs/maintenance work
- Basic appliance and HVAC repair (replacing fixtures, installing parts)
- Plumbing and electrical
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion with on-the-job training and maintenance certifications
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
*Offered for new associates hired into a full-time Community Consultant, Maintenance Technician 1 (Porter), Maintenance Technician (Tech 2) or Lead Maintenance Technician (Tech 3) position. Candidate must start work between January 1, 2019 and March 31, 2019. Associate must complete 90 days of employment. Bonus must be paid back in full if candidate leaves organization within first 12 months of employment.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AvalonBay, we’re always looking for customer-focused, dedicated and hard-working professionals to join our Maintenance Technician team. Working at one of our beautiful apartment communities, Maintenance Technicians ensure the physical condition of apartments, common areas and amenities. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you!
- Porter - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Sunnyvale, California