Sr. /Portfolio Operations DirectorApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:San Jose
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. With over 280 communities and nearly 84,000 apartment homes, you have endless opportunities to make a difference in our residents’ lives. Our culture is built on purpose and our core values, which is why Glassdoor ranks us as one of 2019’s Best Places to Work. If you’re looking for rewarding work with unparalleled benefits, we would like to hear from you.
The Sr./Portfolio Operations Director will ensure that the company’s financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved. Results will be achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, regionally specific initiatives and strategies that further help promote the optimum performance of the portfolio.
Education: Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required OR equivalent 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality, or retail industry
- 7+ years of multi-site, multi-family, multi-property type operational management experience in role of a Portfolio Manager or comparable role in hotel/resort management
- Experience managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and various support groups
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Experience managing property rehab and development projects from planning to implementation and completion
- Financial acumen; must be well versed in budget preparation, project accounting, forecasting, and tracking performance
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
At AvalonBay, we’re always looking for customer-focused, dedicated and hard-working professionals to join our Property Management team. Our Managers come from a variety of backgrounds including the hospitality, retail and restaurant industries. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you!
- Community Manager San Jose, California