Senior Computer Specialist
San Jose, California
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: San Jose
Zip Code: 95128
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Senior Computer Specialist is responsible for maintaining PC's in our San Jose office and all our West Coast offices using modern computer management solutions. The individual will track software versions and maintain images of remote PC's.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the operations of local area networks including backups and disaster recovery.
- Installs and configures PC's, LAN workstations, and various software packages.
- Manages user accounts, security and workstation configurations, and writes user/technical documentation.
- Resolves performance and security issues as necessary; installs upgrades and patches to network operating software as required; monitors virus scanning on workstations.
- Uses diagnostic tools and troubleshooting processes to determine if problems are due to equipment, network or application errors, resolve connectivity; installs and configures PC's and various software packages, troubleshoots logon problems.
- Familiar with Beyond Trust Remote Desktop Tool
- Tracks software license compliance along with technology documents/certificates such as product registrations.
- Knowlege of Intune device management and auto-pilot
- Writes, maintains and updates documents/procedure in SharePoint and Service Now.
- Will require some travel to our West Coast Regional Offices.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Two years of experience in related field work, which includes Windows 10, Windows 11, LAN and workstation support.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software problems at the component level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Exhibits a poised, professional manner with the ability to work well with diverse types of individuals over the telephone, in written correspondence, and in-person.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works independently, problem-solves, takes initiative, sets priorities, handles multiple projects, and exercises good judgment in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment in an organized and professional manner
- Demonstrates attention to accuracy, detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Maintains confidentiality and handles confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 27526
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer