Regional Talent AdvisorApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:San Jose
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Regional Talent Advisor at our San Jose, CA regional office.
The Regional Talent Advisor is responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending qualified candidates for AvalonBay job openings at our communities in the Bay Area. In this role, you will collaborate with regional hiring managers throughout the full-cycle hiring process to ensure recruiting and onboarding needs are met. This position will also be responsible for determining the on-boarding process for each new hire and work with the hiring manager for additional on-boarding needs for the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct targeted searches across the property operations function, including sales and maintenance roles
- Identify sources of qualified candidates for property-level positions that provide an on-going pipeline of talent using tools such as LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Indeed, direct sourcing, etc
- Identifies hiring needs and requirements for local communities
- Screen candidates to ensure they are technically qualified and a good cultural fit by using tools such as the PeopleAnswers assessment and behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Present qualified candidates to hiring managers and manage the full-cycle hiring process
- Identifies, schedules, plans and attends external recruiting events
- Identifies, prepares and completes all aspects of the on-boarding process for each new hire
- Possesses a keen eye for talent. Able to appropriately assess candidates and match their skills/abilities to the position requirements
- Ability to effectively screen and interview all levels of candidates from entry-level to experienced managers
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing vehicles and direct sourcing techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to focus on detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks at the same time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and Outlook/ Lotus Notes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory or full life-cycle recruiting experience
- 1 year of multi-family on-site property management experience or equivalent, retail, hospitality, or customer service related industry preferred
- Experience working a high volume, fast paced environment
- BA or BS degree is preferred
- Project/Account Management skills a plus
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.