Front Desk / Office CoordinatorApply Now
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::CA City:San Jose
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - ACommitment to Integrity, ASpirit of Caring, and AFocus on Continuous Improvement- set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our regional office team as a Front Desk Receptionist.
We are looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic, customer-focused individual to join our team. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional administrative skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you.
This position requires a highly motivated and skilled professional to perform a wide range of administrative and project support tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Open/Close office (8AM – 5PM).
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner.
- Answering phones, check voicemail and properly routing phone calls.
- Managing time sensitive emails, faxes and mail – incoming and outgoing, which includes distributing incoming mail and managing all shipments (UPS, FEDEX and USPS).
- Distributing office communications and updating phone lists.
- Assist with new hire on-boarding process.
- Assist with associate recognition events and holiday decorations.
- Make room reservations for meetings, ordering meals and maintaining cleanliness of conference rooms, breakroom and kitchen.
- Maintain and replenish all office supplies, inventory and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinates maintenance for office printers and kitchen appliances (i.e. dishwasher, refrigerator, RICOH printers).
- Ensure all HR posters are up to date and clearly displayed.
- Collects all office billing for processing by Office Manager.
- Filing documents and making copies.
- Assisting various departmentswith projects.
Ourideal candidate will be a dependable self-starter who possesses strong communication, customer service, organization skills and strong attention to detail. Must have two years administrative experience as well the ability to operate general office equipment such as; personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, and postage machine. Must know how to use MS Office. A high-school degree or GED is also required. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and you are a team player, we would love to hear from you!
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an Administrative associate, you will be a key member of the AvalonBay team. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you are motivated, detail-oriented and a team player, AvalonBay may be waiting for you!