Affordable Housing SpecialistApply Now
State::CA City:San Bruno
Creating a better place to live isis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as an Affordable Housing Specialistto administer all activities related to affordable housing program compliance for a portfolio of assigned communities.
This position requires a highly motivated and skilled professional to perform a wide range of high level administration and project support tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Request and review all necessary documents to complete move-in/renewal income certification process for residents at multiple communities, including but not limited to supporting income documentation, executed income verification forms, and lease paperwork.
- Perform annual re-certification for affordable households, including income and asset calculation and verification, in compliance with HUD regulations.
- Must ensure that all files are completed in a timely manner, are accurate and in compliance with applicable programs.
- Maintain the affordable housing waitlists and update lists annually/as needed.
- Ensure affordable housing vacancies are re-occupied in a timely manner and follow waitlist policies and procedures.
- Assist Affordable Housing with Housing Choice (Section 8) documentation for move-in and renewals. Includes effective communication with state/local Housing Authority and on-site leasing office for rental amount and lease begin date negotiation.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding AVB’s affordable housing program. Provide guidance to on-site personnel to ensure compliance with program.
- Participate in team meetings, internal and external training classes as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all AVB operational policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented and energetic, with strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal), outstanding organization and prioritization skills, and strong computer skills. The candidate should be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently. Must be willing to travel weekly to each assigned community. He/She must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters. In addition, candidates should have a High School diploma or equivalent (GED). On-site experience with affordable housing or property management, and knowledge of regulations governing LIHTC and Section 8 and other federal, state and city programs desirable.
AvalonBay conducts drug and background screening for all hires. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable state and federal laws.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.