Position Type: Full Time
State: Washington City: Redmond
Zip Code: 98052
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Project Superintendent provides direction and oversight of all jobsite construction requirements associated with multi-family residential and mixed use projects. The Project Superintendent establishes expectations and collaborates with a variety of parties to ensure project schedule, budget, safety and quality objectives are attained. This level is generally managing projects of $50 million to $100 million in size.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Construction-related courses from a vocational or technical school preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience supervising residential construction projects/activities directly with moderate knowledge related to all disciplines and phases of construction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits excellent planning and project management skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and lead others
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with a diverse range of personalities and abilities
- Demonstrates analytical skills, problem solving abilities
- Understands all aspects of the plans documentation package
- Exhibits familiarity with applicable building codes and local jurisdiction policies and procedures
- Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrates computer literacy; Ability to frequently operate Microsoft Office applications to perform functions such as word processing, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Performs intermediate mathematic skills, both arithmetic and geometric in order to convert measurement when reviewing blueprints and floor plans.
- Possesses technical background in major components of the building; civil engineering, infrastructure, concrete, framing, and structural design
- Acts as a motivated, resourceful and innovative team player and work autonomously and ask for support when needed.
- Displays exceptional organizational skills.
- Manages workloads and maintains composure under pressure
- Normal office environment
- Normal office environment
- None required
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 26629
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer