Position Type: Full Time
State: Washington City: Redmond
Zip Code: 98052
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as a Community Coordinator.
The Community Coordinator is responsible for managing the administrative tasks for a large, complex community or group of communities. Position may support the maintenance or office administrative functions, depending on the needs of the community for all communities in Redmond, Bothell, and Lynnwood.
- Supports the service request process, which includes entering, tracking, and closing service requests, and follows up on outstanding issues and completes warm calls.
- Supports the preventive maintenance and project management processes, prepares resident communications, schedules appointments, tracks and closes preventive maintenance tasks, assists with contract preparation, and maintains files to comply with company policies.
- Supports the move-in, move-out, and renewal processes; schedules inspections, move-ins and move-outs; prepares resident communication packages and lease paperwork; prepares the itemized receipts and photos for security deposit submittals.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Provides support to vendors utilizing OPS vendor setup process
- Updates maintenance and environmental documentation, such as carpet replacement logs, hot water tank replacement logs, exterminating logs, lead paint notification, asbestos awareness, etc.
- Supports the office and maintenance purchasing processes, enters orders and invoices, researches aged orders and invoices, confirms the receipt of goods, and communicates accruals to the Accounting department.
- Maintains partnership with the Customer Care Center.
- Provides general administrative support, such as report preparation and meeting coordination.
- Monitors and adheres to applicable AVB policies and Procedures and ensures compliance as needed with federal, state, and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
The right candidate must have excellent relationship building and customer service skills as well as exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. One to two years of multi-family or related property management experience or equivalent experience in retail or hospitality preferred. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) is required, bachelor's degree preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Compensation: depends on experience, competitive hourly wage plus benefits.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career
- Associate recognition
- A significant rent discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values — A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-OnsiteJob ID 27904
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer