Raleigh, North Carolina
Position Type: Full Time
State: North Carolina City: Raleigh
Zip Code: 27603
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!
The Portfolio Director will ensure that the company’s financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved. Results will be achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, regionally specific initiatives and strategies that further help promote the optimum performance of the portfolio.
Education: Bachelor's degree or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail industry.
- 5+ years of multi-site, multi-family, multi-property type operational management experience in role of a Portfolio Manager or comparable role in hotel/resort management
- Experience managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and various support groups
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Experience managing property rehab and development projects from planning to implementation and completion
- Financial acumen; must be well versed in budget preparation, project accounting, forecasting, and tracking performance
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.ployment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 27902
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer