Lead Maintenance Technician
Our success rests on continuing to deliver quality environments in which to live and stay. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to finding new improvements to supporting your fellow associates — what you do can impact the lives of those we serve, as well as your career.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in maintenance.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
Our Bold Purpose
We're driven by a bold purpose: creating a better way to live
All Of Us
All AvalonBay associates play a key role in bringing our purpose to life
Our Core Values
A Commitment to Integrity
A Spirit of Caring
A Focus on Continuous Improvement
Promotion from Within
Growth Based on Achievement
Cross Departmental Learning
Our benefits packages are created with the flexibility to support associates who are at different stages in their lives and careers.
We provide you with the choice of two providers, Aetna and Cigna.
We offer dental coverage through MetLife. Associates have the option to select between the Premier and Basic Plus Plan.
Our Vision Service Plan provides benefits for regular eye examinations, glasses or contact lenses, and laser vision care.
401(k) Savings Plan
Save a portion of your pay each pay period and invest your savings in your choice of the available investment funds. We match 50% of your contribution up to 6%.
Significant discount for all associates on our incredible apartment homes.
Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion.
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Pomona
Zip Code: 91766
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. With over 280 communities and nearly 84,000 apartment homes, you have endless opportunities to make a difference in our residents’ lives. Our culture is built on purpose and our core values. If you’re looking for rewarding work with unparalleled benefits, we would like to hear from you.
As a Lead Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for keeping the apartment complex up and running. This includes general repair, maintenance updates, and at times, more complex tasks such as troubleshooting and correcting HVAC and electrical needs.
- 3+ years of experience in apartment maintenance or a related field
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot common problems related to:
- HVAC (CFC certifications required — or willingness/desire to learn)
- Knowledge of maintenance safety procedures
- Desire to help people
- Positive attitude and mindset
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Compensation: depends on experience, competitive hourly wage plus benefits
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion with on-the-job training and maintenance certifications
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A significant rent discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values — A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-OnsiteJob ID 28379
At AvalonBay, you can learn, grow, challenge yourself and try new things. Our Maintenance associates typically advance as follows:
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs