Senior Manager, Redevelopment & Asset ManagementApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
State::NY City:New York
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of acquiring, selling, constructing, developing, redeveloping and managing high-quality apartment communities in leading metropolitan areas primarily in New England, the New York/New Jersey Metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, and the Northern and Southern California regions of the United States. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Based in our New York City, NY regionaloffice, the Senior Manager, Redevelopment & Asset Management is responsible for participating in all phases of the redevelopment, remerchandising and asset management process. This will include the due diligence process, design process, underwriting, managing all redevelopment and capital expenditure activity, leading team meetings to review operational plans, assuring financial results are achieved, and continually providing management with updates regarding progress with various assets.
- Reports:Reporting to the Senior Director of Redevelopment/Asset Management, the Redevelopment Senior Manager will complete market and financial analysis, including advanced modeling, valuation and reforecasts of current and future assets.
- Research:In this role, you will also research items as requested, and create approval packages/presentations for board members, investors and AVB executives.
- Asset Management:You will also provide asset management to newly acquired and existing communities, work to identify resident, asset, market and/or operating issues, and lead asset team meetings. You will also oversee the capital plan implementations and review operating budgets.
- Lead:Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead internal and external teams on remerchandising and redevelopment deals.
- Location: While this position is located in the New York City office, this role oversees projects in the greater Metro New York and New Jersey markets.
- Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS and three to five years of relevant redevelopment and acquisition work experience years working in the multi-family/ property management industry. An MBA/MRED and prior project management experience are preferred.
- Our ideal candidate is a leader with the ability to motivate others and work with strong personalities. He or she is a motivated, resourceful team player who can work autonomously and ask for support when needed.
- Ability to manage work load and communicate expectations to third party consultants such as designers, architects and engineers. Includes managing contracts and invoices.
- Solid analytical skills including problem solving and financial analysis, including strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
- Asset Manager New York, New York