Administrative Assistant - Redevelopment & Asset ManagementApply Now
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::NY City:New York
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant/Coordinator for the New York Metro Redevelopment and Asset Management Group in New York City, NY. We are looking for professional, energetic, enthusiastic, detailed oriented individuals with contract management experience and great communication skills to join our Team.
Reporting to the New York Metro Senior Director for Redevelopment and Asset Management, your main priorities will be to provide administrative, contract management, and project support to our New York Metro Redevelopment and Asset Management team. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Manage calendars, arrange travel, and schedule meetings. Meeting responsibilities include sending calendar invitations to internal and external attendees, reserving conference room space, coordinating IT/telecom support as required, arranging for catering, preparing electronic and printed meeting materials for attendees, keeping detailed meeting notes, preparing a written summary of meetings as required, and saving all updated meeting materials in the appropriate shared folder.
- Manage paper and electronic file system.
- Prepare and submit expense reports for reimbursement.
- Work with expeditors to help clear violations issued by the New York City Department of Buildings.
- Visit properties to take signage inventories and oversee signage, fitness equipment and furniture installations.
- Create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for property tours.
- Participate in the New York City shared receptionist duties: answering the phone, helping guests, distributing mail.
- Create exhibits for approval packages.
- Assist in preparing scopes of work, bid documents and bid leveling for consultant proposals.
- Create and manage contracts and change orders within I-BEAM, AvalonBay’s proprietary contract administration platform.
- Work with vendors to process invoices and collaborate with accounts receivable departments to resolve billing questions and elevate billing disputes as required.
- Prepare monthly job cost summary reports for each active redevelopment project.
Qualified candidates will have a 3-5 years Administrative experience in the construction, development, or property management industry. A high school diploma or GED Equivalent is required, however, a Bachelor’s degree with some contract management experience and excellent communication skills are strongly preferred.
- We are seeking a dynamic professional with an outgoing personality, positive attitude, and excellent telephone skills.
- Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) proficiency preferred. Ability to quickly learn new systems, such as Oracle, is strongly desired.
- Ability to read construction drawings is a plus. Experience in the multifamily industry is a plus.
- This person will be a self-starter, highly organized, have attention to detail, be effective at prioritizing, and will be an excellent communicator (verbal and written).
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
As an Administrative associate, you will be a key member of the AvalonBay team. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you are motivated, detail-oriented and a team player, AvalonBay may be waiting for you!