Regional Talent Advisor
Los Angeles, California
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 90025
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Regional Talent Advisor (RTA) is a solutions-oriented advisor and problem solver. The RTA is responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending qualified candidates for AvalonBay vacancies at our apartment communities in the Los Angeles Area. In this role, you will collaborate with regional hiring managers throughout the full cycle hiring process to ensure recruiting and onboarding needs are met. This position will also be responsible for determining the on-boarding process for each new hire and work with the hiring manager for additional on-boarding needs for the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct targeted searches across the property operations function, including sales and maintenance roles
- Identify sources of qualified candidates for property-level positions that provide an on-going pipeline of talent using tools such as LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Indeed, direct sourcing, etc.
- Identifies hiring needs and requirements for local communities
- Presents diverse candidate slates for consideration and partners with hiring manager to create diverse interview teams
- Screen candidates to ensure they are technically qualified and a good cultural fit by using assessment tools and behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Present qualified candidates to hiring managers and manage the full cycle hiring process
- Identifies, schedules, plans, attends and host internal and external recruiting events
- Identifies, prepares and completes all aspects of the on-boarding process for each new hire
- Possesses a keen eye for talent. Able to appropriately assess candidates and match their skills/abilities to the position requirements
- Ability to effectively screen and interview all levels of candidates from entry-level to experienced managers
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing vehicles and direct sourcing techniques
- Demonstrated experience in fostering client/customer relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to focus on detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-volume recruiting environment and balance competing priorities
- Proficiency in Boolean searches, Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 2-4 years of full life cycle recruiting experience required.
- Diversity recruiting experience preferred
- 1 year of multi-family on-site property management experience or equivalent, retail, hospitality, or customer service-related industry preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred
- BA or BS degree is preferred
- Project/Account Management skills a plus
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HybridJob ID 27220
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer