Human Resources ManagerApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:Los Angeles
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Human Resources Manager to join our Human Resources team. This role will be basedat our regional office in Los Angeles, CA.
The HR Manager will serve as a business partner to the regional executive team and provide HR support to associates and managers in the Los Angeles, CA region. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record in employee relations, California and Federal employment law, staffing and recruiting, talent management, organizational development, training facilitation, coaching, and performance management. This generalist position requires excellent interpersonal, analytical, and written communication skills as well as an ability to work independently and a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities. Some travel required.
The position reports to the Sr. Director of HR. Qualified candidates will have bachelor's degree, minimum 5+ years solid experience in all HR disciplines. Multi-site experience and PHR certification preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.