Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Places to Work in 2019!
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with an award-winning company, we'd like to hear from you! AvalonBay Communities, Inc., is a real estate development and property management company in the multi-family housing industry. We are hiring a Receptionist for our regional office in Irvine, CA.
We are looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic, customer-focused individual to join our team. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional administrative skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you. You will enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits, on-going training, advancement potential and the opportunity to be part of an award winning management team.
This position requires a highly motivated and skilled professional to perform a wide range of administrative and project support tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests, screening and directing calls, and validating guest parking tickets.
- Accepting all deliveries, preparing all outgoing UPS packages, arranging for courier services, and distributing mail.
- Making room reservations for meetings, ordering meals and maintaining conference rooms.
- Filing documents and making copies.
- Assisting various departmentswith projects such as preparation of investment packages, meetings and events, boxes for storage and storage index.
Our ideal candidate will be dependable, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, meeting new people, has a warm and friendly personality and a great attitude. We are looking for a motivated self-started who possesses strong customer service, Microsoft Office, and phone skills. We are also seeking someone with two years administrative experience as well the ability to operate general office equipment such as; personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, and postage machine. A high-school degree or GED is also required. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and you are a team player, we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive salary with terrific benefits including medical/dental/vision, housing discount, 401k and paid vacation. You will enjoy on-going training, advancement potential and the opportunity to be part of an award winning management team.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we're committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
As an Administrative associate, you will be a key member of the AvalonBay team. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you are motivated, detail-oriented and a team player, AvalonBay may be waiting for you!