Computer Support Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Irvine
Zip Code: 92606
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
This position requires a highly motivated and skilled professional to perform a wide range of high level administrative and project support tasks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the IS Department’s efforts to provide and continuously improve service offerings that align with the company’s strategic goals and initiatives while providing excellent customer service and promoting AvalonBay’s core values.
- Analyze and resolve application and/or technical support issues upon first contact with customers (other AVB associates) by responding to incoming support requests by way of telephone and electronic communication (e.g. e-mail messages, instant messaging, ticketing system, etc.) If an issue cannot be resolved leveraging resources available to or within the AVB Tech Help Team, utilize information gathering and written communication skills to document the issue thoroughly for escalation to a Tier II support resource.
- Leverage IS remote management tools to resolve issues. Provide or dispatch desk-side support; only after exhausting all other troubleshooting options. Occasional travel to remote locations may be required.
- Author knowledge-sharing articles and learning materials for internal use as well as polished and professional content suitable for direct distribution to customers.
- Obtain/maintain the customer-focused, professional and technical skill sets needed to support the businesses current support needs (e.g. application, hardware, network infrastructure, etc.) as well as the implementation of any new initiatives/solutions that the company pursues.
- Complete data entry as required.
- Participate in IT Emergency Pager Rotation (once properly trained) to respond to after hour support pages/calls related to server and network availability.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable AVB policies and procedures as well as follow all AVB Tech Help Team standard operating procedures.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, energetic, self-motivated, quick-thinking and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This person should be enthusiastic and comfortable dealing with a wide variety of professionals. The candidate should be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently, with minimal supervision. He or she must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters and have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services is highly preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, equivalent IS centric training and\or certifications will be considered. Transcripts and\or proof of certifications may be requested.
- 6 -12 months of experience in an administrative/customer service/technical support role.
- Intermediate level technical and networking skills are required; advanced skills are desired.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver group presentations on job related subject matter and to write reports and/or other types of documentation in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals as outlined under the Business Math Policy (8-01) in the AvalonBay Procedures Manual.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets (intermediate skill level required).
- Ability to provide support to customers across all Windows based platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various types of hardware and networking issues.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine (multi-function devices), facsimile machine, postage machine, plotter and projector/audio visual equipment.
- Ability to perform physical work which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 25lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced work environment as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Required)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (Preferred)
- ITIL Foundation Certification (Preferred)
- HDI Support Center Analyst Certification (Preferred)
- Satisfactory completion of AvalonBay’s new hire orientation, “Your Future with AvalonBay” within 30 days of employment (or attendance of the first training session offered after employment).
- Successful completion of all required training materials specific to the AVB Tech Help Team on-boarding activities including but not limited to assigned AVBU Courses and scheduled one-on-one training sessions within 90 days of employment.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy Notice
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer