Help Desk Support Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!
The Help Desk Support Technician will beresponsible for supporting the daily operation of the AVB (AvalonBay) Tech Help Line/Desk. This is a fast-paced position that will require you to provide assistance to internal employees through various forms of communication (in person, over the phone or through written communications). If you are energetic, customer service focused and enjoy solving technical problems, this is the job for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to the IS Department’s efforts to provide and continuously improve service offerings that align with the company’s strategic goals and initiatives while providing excellent customer service and promoting AvalonBay’s core values.
- Analyze and resolve application and/or technical support issues upon first contact with customers (other AVB associates) by responding to incoming support requests by way of telephone and electronic communication (e.g. e-mail messages, instant messaging, ticketing system, etc.) If an issue cannot be resolved leveraging resources available to or within the AVB Tech Help Team, utilize information gathering and written communication skills to document the issue thoroughly for escalation to a Tier II support resource.
- Leverage IS remote management tools to resolve issues. Provide or dispatch desk-side support; only after exhausting all other troubleshooting options. Occasional travel to remote locations may be required.
- Author knowledge-sharing articles and learning materials for internal use as well as polished and professional content suitable for direct distribution to customers.
- Obtain/maintain the customer-focused, professional and technical skill sets needed to support the businesses current support needs (e.g. application, hardware, network infrastructure, etc.) as well as the implementation of any new initiatives/solutions that the company pursues.
- Complete data entry as required.
- Participate in IT Emergency Pager Rotation (once properly trained) to respond to after hour support pages/calls related to server and network availability.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable AVB policies and procedures as well as follow all AVB Tech Help Team standard operating procedures.
- 1. Complete or assist in the completion of other miscellaneous duties and tasks deemed necessary and assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services is highly preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, equivalent IS centric training and\or certifications will be considered. Transcripts and\or proof of certifications may be requested.
- 6 -12 months of experience in an administrative/customer service/technical support role.
- Intermediate level technical and networking skills are required; advanced skills are desired.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver group presentations on job related subject matter and to write reports and/or other types of documentation in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals as outlined under the Business Math Policy (8-01) in the AvalonBay Procedures Manual.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets (intermediate skill level required).
- Ability to provide support to customers across all Windows based platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various types of hardware and networking issues.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine (multi-function devices), facsimile machine, postage machine, plotter and projector/audio visual equipment.
- Ability to perform physical work which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 25lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced work environment as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Preferred)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (Preferred)
- ITIL Foundation Certification (Preferred)
- HDI Support Center Analyst Certification (Preferred)
How AvalonBay Supports You
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID 25835
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer