Position Type: Full Time
State: Colorado City: Denver
Zip Code: 80237
Compensation: $125,000 - $155,000
Additional Compensation: Annual performance based bonus
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Our decentralized, fully integrated construction platform has been integral to our success. Our construction teams, which are located in each of our core markets, are committed to driving results to build best-in-class apartment homes.
The Project Manager sets the budget, creates and maintains the construction schedule, assembling and maintaining field staff, and the overall success of multi-family residential and mixed use projects. The Project Manager establishes expectations and collaborates with a variety of parties to ensure projects are on schedule, within budget, safe and secure, and prepare cost data for project control analysis and reporting.
- Oversees the execution of projects, focusing on industry-accepted processes for real estate construction project management, related to budget, schedule, and quality.
- Manages risk associated with project execution, as well as skills necessary for forecasting obstacles to better manage operational risk.
- Prepares bid packages and subcontractor scope of work, review bid packages, prepare bid analysis, negotiate and award subcontracts, assemble contract documents and manage subcontractor change orders and project budget.
- Reviews construction plans/drawings and the submittal process with Consultants and the Development team.
- Assists in the acquisition of permits and approvals; assist in public notices, and additional coordination with jurisdiction.
- Identifies root cause of hazards, delays, poor quality, and other jobsite issues. Develop solutions and plans that mitigate future risk to the project.
- Ensures project close out and documents are in order and filed appropriately (Certificate of Occupancy, As Build Drawings, Consultant sign-offs, etc)
- Enforces safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all municipal, state and federal regulations. Ensure compliance with AvalonBay safety and health program requirements and project specific Safety and Health Plan.
- Leads and motivates members of the project team to complete all phases of work safely within the schedule and parameters established.
- Empowers, engages and develops associates to meet business outcomes. Provides feedback, coaching and support to drive achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with emphasis in Engineering Architecture, Construction Management, or Business.
- 7 or more years of experience managing residential, commercial or hospitality construction projects/activities with moderate knowledge related to all disciplines and phases of construction. Experience with design, project cost accounting and field experience inclusive of project management experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with ability to plan, prioritize, organize, collaborate and manage workload.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with a diverse range of personalities, ability to keep calm under pressure, ability to communicate effectively and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Operates the following applications frequently: Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project, Unifier, ProCore, BlueBeam.
- Understands all aspects of the plans documentation package.
- Comprehends applicable building codes and local jurisdiction policies and procedures
- Understands all OSHA guidelines.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Compensation: depends on experience, annual base salary range is $125K - $155K plus annual performance based bonus
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29040
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer