Assistant Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
State: Washington City: Bothell
Zip Code: 98012
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. Operating as our own general contractor, AvalonBay has a long-term track record of building high-end apartment homes in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Paciﬁc Northwest, Northern California, and Southern California regions of the country. Our decentralized, fully integrated construction platform has been integral to our success. Our construction teams, which are located in each of our core markets, are committed to driving results to build best-in-class apartment homes.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Assistant Project Manager observes, participates, and implements the duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager. In this role, the Assistant Project manager will be mentored and trained in all aspects of project management. The Assistant Project Manager supervises multiple projects of varying size and scope across multiple communities. On-site supervision of work is required.
- Assists in construction project management and planning for several construction communities by reviewing construction plans/drawings and their submittal process, creating buy-out schedules, preparing bid packages, assisting in the acquisition of permits and approvals, reviewing construction commitments, negotiating contracts, maintaining project progress information, monitoring on-site superintendents to ensure projects are on schedule, within budget, safe and secure, and prepare cost data for project control analysis and reporting.
- Assists with the completion of the Class I, II, and III budgets for the Construction portions of the Budget Request Form Process: including preparation of hard costs, construction schedules, and contract and construction pricing estimates.
- Creates the construction portions of the monthly community reports such as the Capital Project Updates and the Monthly CapEx Updates that provide details on the status of various construction deals (costs, construction status, approvals, monthly highlights, etc.). Attends Capital Project Update and Monthly CapEx Calls held monthly with AVB Development and Construction Executives, as requested.
- Participates on construction project asset teams to monitor and review construction status, timelines, turn schedules, Property Operations and Development communication, etc.
- Implements and ensures compliance with all applicable AVB construction policies and procedures with each project.
- Prepares construction related information in the investment packages for the Management Investment Committee and the Board of Directors, including the Construction Plan description and construction budget, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of construction “lessons learned” and warranty books/reports when construction is completed at a community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, architecture or a related field OR 5+ years of experience in performing the duties of Construction Project Management.
- 5+ years of progressive construction experience with emphasis on multi-family, production residential housing or commercial and management of vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
- Experience with design, project cost accounting, and project management experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret blueprints, constructions, specifications and floor plans and to create and present reports in a clear, concise form.
- Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Performs intermediate mathematic skills, both arithmetic and geometric, in order to convert measurement when reviewing blueprints and floor plans.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HybridJob ID 28235
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer