Project Safety EngineerApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States.
The Construction Project Safety Engineer reports to the Safety and Health Director and works with Project Managers and Superintendents in support of AvalonBay’s Corporate Safety and Health program requirements as well as compliance with municipal, state and federal safety and health regulations. This role serves as the project-level contact for safety and health matters. While assigned primarily in support of a particular project, the Project Safety Engineer is required to provide support to additional projects as directed. This function oversees, leads, directs and enforces safety and health on AvalonBay construction projects(s). The Project Safety Engineer identifies, manages and controls hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or property damage
·Four-year degree in construction management or related field is preferred.
· Experience in construction supervision (minimum two years)
· Candidates with a positive track record working in the AvalonBay culture strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrates ability to obtain knowledge of safety and health principles including the ability to identify known potential exposures and recommended corrective actions.
· Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, internet inquiries, email, and regulatory websites.
· Demonstrates management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly (both verbal and written).
· Ability to possess working knowledge of OSHA Construction Safety and Health regulations, national consensus standards, as well as, municipal and state regulations governing construction project safety and health.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is recognized as a leader in the Construction of luxury apartment communities. By being hired into one of our Construction jobs, you’ll be a key member of the AvalonBay team. The Construction team provides leadership and makes decisions that contribute to the successful completion of multi-family projects, ensuring the quality of work meets AvalonBay standards. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you are an innovative and motivated individual seeking a fulfilling job in Construction, AvalonBay may be waiting for you!