Maintenance Process, Sr. Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
State: Massachusetts City: Boston
Zip Code: 02210
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
This role provides support to both the Engineering and Maintenance departments, with a primary focus on identifying trends using enterprise-wide data to drive operational improvements. This will be achieved through the implementation of pilot programs, which the Maintenance Process, Sr. Specialist will oversee and subsequently roll out to enhance operations. Day to day responsibilities include reviewing, interpreting, and reporting data to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that will facilitate improvements in various aspects of property operations, including expenses, wrench time, work orders, emergencies, staffing efficiency, purchasing, and inspections.
- Support Maintenance and Engineering regarding data analysis & interpretation.
- Assist and support Identifying data trends to model and develop operations KPIs.
- Formulate recommendations-based metrics and operational insights.
- Develop and maintain compliance reporting for critical Maintenance and Engineering KPIs.
- Participate and coordinate various advisory groups as a subject matter expert regarding maintenance and engineering data, initiatives, and programs.
- Maintain content and updates for department SharePoint site.
Systems & Support:
- Provide Maintenance and Engineering systems subject matter expertise and manages all requirements and testing for related systems.
Data Analytics - Ownership & Management
- Partner with various departments (Data Analytics, Initiatives, Financial Services, etc.) to provide Executive Management with data analysis reports (audits, financials, project spend).
- Generate reports to identify cost savings and historical trends.
- Partner with group leads to support data quality, reporting, and maintenance. Example: Partner with Safety on Critical Items walks to ensure data, reporting, and quality of data.
- Actively participates in organization-wide initiatives and assists with monitoring and measurement of success.
- Support initiatives with operational focus on data and efficiency.
- Proactively manages the organization, maintenance, and retrieval of archival documents and of newly created or updated documents.
Maintenance Steering Committee (MSC):
- Create, manage and support MSC with monthly briefing reports.
- Create and manage reports to highlight trends regarding operational and maintenance data. Including but not limited to: financial, building failures, work performed, compliance, etc..
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Data Analytics, or related fields preferred
- At least 3 years of property management, systems management, and/or data analytics required; experience in project management preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Ability to analyze a diverse group of data sets Financials (Labor and Materials), Work Order data (PM, SR, WO, Inspections, Turns, Emergencies), Equipment Reliability, Environmental Obligations, Mechanical Evaluations, Life Safety Evaluations, Licenses, Permits, Asset Obligations, Asset/Property Utility Data
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create and deliver group presentations on function-related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form
- Strong technical capabilities in MS Suite with Power BI experience as a plus
- Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Develops Excel spreadsheets, formulas, and navigation
- Proficiency with Office 365 and SharePoint
- Demonstrates ability to research and analyze research
- Ability to work in cross-functional internal groups effectively
- Ability to multi-task and continually reprioritize tasks
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 31274
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer