General Maintenance ManagerApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations maintenance team as a General Maintenance Manager to maintain the condition and appearance of the community and operate under the safety and operating standards set forth by AvalonBay.
The General Maintenance Manager will be responsible to manage maintenance operations for multiple assigned communities in support of business goals. Oversees all maintenance efforts, including the physical aspects of the property's HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. Ensure efforts meet AVB’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations. Assist in the development and management of the annual maintenance operating budget in accordance with established timeframes. Review monthly financial reports, analyze budget variances and trends and implement any corrective actions. Responsible for personnel management of maintenance staff, including but not limited to selection, hiring, training and performance management.
The General Maintenance Manager works with the on-site superviso to increase proficiency/performance of the community, and maintains oversight of the property’s maintenance operations.
1. High School diploma or equivalency (GED)
2. Bachelor’s degree (preferred), or comparable educational experience
3. 3-5 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Manager.
4. 3–5 years of maintenance staff supervisory experience.
5. 2–3 years of on-the-job experience in the use of refrigerant recovery or recycling equipment.
1. Ability to manage single or multiple sites of significant complexity.
2. Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance function as demonstrated by participation in taskforces, etc. in prior work experience.
3. Ability to supervise and develop new associates and provide feedback and coaching resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by work experience.
4.Demonstratedclear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver reports and group presentations on property-related subject matter.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion with on-the-job training and maintenance certifications
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
At AvalonBay, we’re always looking for customer-focused, dedicated and hard-working professionals to join our Maintenance Management team. As part of the team, you will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. A job with AvalonBay is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service and leadership skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you!
- Maintenance Supervisor Bellevue, Washington