Talent Acquisition Director, Corporate & IT
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Talent Acquisition Director, Corporate & IT is an individual contributor role that works to develop a portfolio of candidates through the development of diverse sourcing strategies while managing associated requisitions for hard and difficult to find talent, including but not limited to senior leadership, finance, development, digital and IT positions. This role will serve as a senior level individual contributor on the talent acquisition team managing full lifecycle recruitment efforts, supporting talent acquisition initiatives, and serve as a collaborative resource to other members of the talent acquisition team. This position will partner with the functional business and lead the development and execution of the recruitment strategy for assigned business groups.
- Actively sources, engages with and acquires specialized talent including but not limited to corporate IT, Digital, and Executive talent
- Advises and influences HRBPs and department leaders in talent planning and in developing recruitment strategies to meet business needs
- Leads, develops and owns programs and strategies that enable our talent acquisition teams to identify and engage underrepresented talent, specifically tied to recruiting goals
- Establishes, understands, monitors, and reports out on key metrics for associated client groups. Uses data to advise client groups on strategic talent decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships with client groups
- Manage, improve and/or develop talent acquisition initiatives, processes and programs from beginning to end while ensuring organizational support and buy-in.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10+ years of talent acquisition experience
- Minimum 7 years experience recruiting corporate and technical roles in IT or digital environments; preferably in professional services/consulting or high-tech industries
- Minimum 7 years experience using market data analytics to formulate and create recommendations for recruiting processes
- Experience working with diverse populations, understanding motivators and drivers for success
- Demonstrated experience in creative sourcing techniques to find specialized talent
- Experience with presenting, influencing, and advising business executives on talent acquisition and sourcing matters
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HyrbidJob ID 28506
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer