Strategic Sourcing Specialist II
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist II will lead complex sourcing initiatives, including negotiations and maintaining contracts, for the procurement of goods and services. This individual will be expected to lead teams of cross-functional stakeholders through a structured sourcing process. They will build stakeholder and vendor relationships, becoming a trusted partner in their managed categories. This position will be responsible for the execution of AvalonBay’s strategic sourcing process and play a key role in achieving annual savings commitment. This position drives value for internal stakeholders by following best practices in sourcing and procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all activities in the development and distribution of RFX proposal packages, analysis and evaluation of proposals, financial analysis, (i.e., total cost of ownership (TCO), and preparing recommendation for award).
- Lead negotiations for pricing, terms, and conditions, and manages performance of vendors.
- Communicates and negotiates with suppliers to maximize value, manage expectations, and ensure performance. Includes KPIs, business reviews, issue resolution.
- Partner with internal clients to understand business needs and ensure that vendors are successfully meeting those requirements.
- Creates presentations summarizing bids/proposals received from suppliers, including complete analysis of pricing, and final recommendations to present/communicate to stakeholders.
- Develops and provides guidance on budgets for managed categories to present to stakeholders and monitors contract performance and rebates with suppliers.
- Conduct opportunity assessment thru analyzing spend, and coordinate with leadership and stakeholders to expand procurement influence in other spend areas,
- Advanced analytical and financial skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on disparate data.
- Monitors industries (supply chain) in managed categories to maintain awareness of current market trends and initiatives.
- 4-5 years’ experience in Sourcing or other Procurement related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
- Possesses strong knowledge of procurement, negotiations, contract management, supplier management and finance.
- A self-starter, that works well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HybridJob ID 28044
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer