Sr. Cloud Architect
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
We are looking for a bright and passionate Cloud Architect to be a member of AvalonBay’s new Digital Squad. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Are you a champion for the best customer experience? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you’re a resounding yes, we want to talk to you.
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team, based out of our corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we’re championing our organization’s core values - a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
In this role, you will lead the development of solutions architecture and engineering strategies throughout our digital domains here at AvalonBay. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas affecting many facets of our business and on solutions that impact the entire enterprise.
- Perform hands-on architecture and design of software applications used by AvalonBay’s customers and associates
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions to crucial business problems through thoughtful use of modern technology
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise business and product owners on the technical and business value of proposals, including appropriate tradeoffs, risks, and opportunities
- Work with software engineers, product owners, and subject matter experts to understand complex technological and business environments and produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Rapidly engage and understand new business areas and technologies to advise on optimal solutions and investments
- Build and maintain relationships with technical leaders, business owners, architects, and other stakeholders to influence investment that reuse shared capabilities and apply defined patterns across teams while realizing architectural targets
- Review, analyze and evaluate market, business and project requirements to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
- Communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences including executives, business leaders, product managers, legal experts, security specialists, and software engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- 8+ year of experience with Technology solutions in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Infrastructure, Container Platforms & Serverless, AWS/Azure/GCP or OpenStack, Data Analytics & Data Science platforms, Integration Services (RESTful API, data streams, files), Real-time monitoring and intelligence, or DevOps/CI/CD
- 8+ years experience developing with open source code
- 5+ years experience in Systems Architecture or Infrastructure Solution design, including working with infrastructure, open source software, or modern technology design patterns
- 5+ years experience in digital application design, development, and messaging
- 3+ years experience working in an Agile environment
- 2+ years experience with Public Cloud implementations
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
Job ID 25004
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer