Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Sourcing Specialist to be based at our Arlington, VA Corporate Headquarters.
The Procurement Specialist will support AvalonBay’s procurement initiatives, including supplier evaluation, creating and maintaining contracts, negotiating pricing, and building strong vendor relationships in support of managed categories. The successful candidate needs to be able to work with internal stakeholders, own a project, make meaningful and insightful conclusions, and ultimately draw upon data to support those conclusions. Responsibilities include:
- Understand and document stakeholder requirements in order to create an RFP, scope of work, and other related documents
- Supplier evaluation and selection through a formal RFP process, including bid analysis, negotiating with current suppliers and identifying potential alternatives
- Analyze supplier proposals and make award recommendations to key stakeholders
- Communication and negotiation with suppliers to maximize value, manage expectations, and ensure performance
- Analyze company spend and coordinate with leadership to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Interface with multiple internal clients to understand business needs and ensure that vendors are successfully meeting those requirements
- Establish timelines, project plans and execute supplier rollouts to the business
- Monitor industries in managed categories to maintain awareness of current market trends and initiatives
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions with the support of internal legal and risk management teams
- Basic knowledge of Procurement, contract management, Accounting
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Customer service focus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain management
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
· Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
· Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
· Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
· A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
· A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.