Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Oversees and directs all aspect of the portfolio’s property operations and maintenance activities through leadership, financial management, and operational goal management to ensure the overall success of the portfolio. Including the establishment of portfolio strategies, associate management, training, financial budget planning and performance, customer service, and vendor relations to maximize revenue, control expenses, and improve customer satisfaction in support of AvalonBay’s business goals.
Financial Management: Manages all financial aspects of the operations (including maintenance) by developing budgets, reporting financials, and controlling expenses to maximize revenue.
Sales and Revenue Management: Partners with other areas of the business to create a sales centric environment, evaluate the local market, set apartment rates and fees, and drive renewals to ensure optimal occupancy within the portfolio.
Customer Service and Resident Satisfaction: Manages customer service with the portfolio to ensure communities are providing a level of service by ensuring all community associates deliver a high level of customer service in all interactions to result in creating prospects and residents are “net promoters” of AVB communities.
Operating Standards: Champions the AVB brands amongst the leadership team and communities by leading by example and ensuring compliance with brand standards, safety practices, and associate policies; and by ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Associate Management: Responsible for the hiring, development, motivation, and the performance of a broad team of sales, operations, and maintenance associates to meet the financial and customer satisfaction goals of the communities and portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus six years of progressive management responsibility in property management, hospitality management, or retail industry, OR the equivalent of 10 years of progressive management responsibility
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading and managing teams
- Demonstrates an understanding of real estate operations and maintenance needs
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Certification in systems such as boilers, HVAC, Chillers, Cooling Towers, fire, steam, electrical, and plumbing consistent with the specific needs of the portfolio of communities to be managed required
- Other licenses and certifications as required by state or local jurisdictions
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 28761
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer