Manager, Supplier Relationship Management
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Supplier Relationship Manager supports AvalonBay’s Strategic Procurement department,Responsible for overseeing and managing team in activities related to Supplier Management and Diversity Programs. Manager will collaborate with key business leaders in the organization focusing on building value-based relationships with key suppliers and business stakeholders. Work with senior management to improve the structure, processes, templates, etc. that are needed to consistently manage supplier relationships across AvalonBay Communities. This role is essential in the delivery of key cost, risk, and performance management-related efforts for third-party relationships, in addition to identifying strategic opportunities for growth, savings and/or greater return on investment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement processes and organizational capability to build and execute Supplier Relationship Management Program including setting up of KPIs for contract, performance, and relationship management for AVB Suppliers
- Working with Sr Leadership develop and implement strategies to build out supplier diversity program and partner with Strategic Sourcing team implement strategies to achieve diverse spend goals.
- Plan and lead periodic reviews and assessments of suppliers, leveraging information from SOW and SLAs to ensure reduced risk and support supplier performance.
- Support development of policies and training materials a
- Manage team's activities the performance of SRM activities and the development, implementation, management, and reporting of all aspects of the SRM and Diversity programs
- Own Supplier Relationship & Diversity Management responsibility collaborating with business units and suppliers to drive discussions on performance, monitoring action plans, to deliver optimal business outcomes.
- Participate in report-outs (as needed) to leadership on supplier performance and supplier diversity initiatives. Serve as lead/support in resolution of escalated issues with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
BS/BA Degree with concentration in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred and 4 years of related experience, or equivalent 5 to 6 years of experience in procurement, supply chain, or relationship management roles.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Management Experience Three or more years of experience in management/ supervision of staff in SRM, supply chain or procurement processes.
- Should be knowledgeable of other areas in supply chain management such as strategic sourcing, contract management, supplier diversity, or procurement operations.
- Ability to work independently and able to analyze and interpret performance data and help team develop strategies to drive performance improvements, innovation, savings and mitigate risks.
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Competence in reading, understanding, and interpreting contract language, including scope of work and service levels.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Exposure to hospitality or property management industries a plus
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HyrbidJob ID 28201
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer