Maintenance and Engineering Resource Manager
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Special Projects, the Maintenance and Engineering Resource Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborates in the preparation and process of all contract-related agreements (including Capex, MSA Addendums, Resident Services Fixed Price and Service Agreements), insurance certificates.
- Participates in the creation of the Engineering overhead budget.
- Provides Management with data analysis reports (audits, financials, project spend) and generates analytical reports for maintenance efficiency to identify potential cost savings and historical trends.
- Participates in organization-wide initiatives impacting Residential Service group, such as system implementation, revising corporate policies, as well as participates and coordinates various advisory groups.
- Manages the Environmental Compliance Certification process, manages and maintains the Asset Compliance Database, and manages and keeps updated the Engineering and Maintenance SharePoint site with relevant information.
- Collaborates revisions for the Engineering and Maintenance policies and procedures, as well as manages the AvalonBay Communities Maintenance Training content.
- Collaborates to expedite and enhance department initiatives. Oversee aspects of the projects focusing on industry accepted processes related to budget, schedule, safety, quality and reliability. Produce quality documentation and business process models as needed.
- Collaborates with the development and scheduling of National Preventative Maintenance (apartments and common area).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Creates and delivers group presentations on function-related subject matter and writes reports in a clear, concise form.
- Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations,
- Thinks strategically and collaborates with associates at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and changing priorities
- Communicates effectively with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits great attention to detail and successfully meets deadlines.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HyrbidJob ID 28423
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer