Legal Administrative Coordinator II
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Administrative Coordinator II performs a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Legal Services group. Duties may also include providing direct administrative support to Legal Group associates.
- Provide administrative operations support; including but not limited to maintaining calendars, handling travel arrangements, and coordination of events
- Coordinates the preparation of meeting materials, presentations, and documentation as needed
- Compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Screens incoming telephone calls, emails, and written correspondence and response to inquiries when necessary
- Creates and maintains databases, spreadsheets, presentations and various other files
- Prepares departmental reports by collecting needed information and presenting in an effective way
- Monitors departmental budgets and submits invoices and expense reports for payment
- May coordinate and manage schedules for above
- May help plan company events, meetings, or special projects
- May help prepare and organize materials for transmission to the Board of Directors, executive officers and other internal constituencies
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- College degree preferred.
- Certification as a notary, highly desirable
- Minimum of 4 years of administrative assistant experience supporting a multi-person department or executive(s).
- Background in Legal profession or services with significant writing/proofreading responsibilities, highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-OnsiteJob ID 28766
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer