Human Resources Business PartnerApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019!
AvalonBay Communities Inc., an award winning national real estate investment trust (REIT) that develops, builds, and manages multi-family housing (over 80,000 apartments), and has been named one of the “Best Placesto Work”by Glassdoor two years in a row, has an outstanding opportunity to join a progressive and highly collaborative HR Team as a professional and dynamic Human Resources Business Partner/Director.
Based in our Headquarters office in Arlington, VA, the HR Business Partner will serve as a consultant/single HR point of contact to designated leader(s) of functional groups on talent strategies,organization structure and executing their business strategies.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership to functional initiatives and projects that require broad commitment, buy-in, and implementation and works cross-functionally to ensure that the right input and solutions are incorporated into all HR initiatives.
- Leads Talent Management/ Succession Planning strategy for designated functional groups, including identifying high-potential associates and recommending development and retention strategies.
- Acts as a liaison between business partners and HR functions to address business needs (recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, etc.)
- Consults with management teams to analyze and improve the overall organization functioning (ie. structure, process, etc)
- Provides change management consultation and support for projects/initiatives
- Provides developmental support to direct reports via coaching, counseling, and training
- Oversees/conducts escalated or complex investigations and recommends appropriate coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action in partnership with Regional HR Manager and functional group leadership
- Monitors federal laws/regulations that affect our associates and the workplace with appropriate business partners and identifies appropriate actions needed for compliance
AvalonBay is a fast-paced organization that requires associates to be self-starters with a focus on driving results in a highly collaborative environment. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of HR experience in a large corporate environment. SPHR Certification preferred.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.