Financial Reporting AnalystApply Now
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for aFinancial Reporting Analystto be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Arlington, VA.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in the preparation of the SEC quarterly and annual (10-Q and 10-K) filings and quarterly earnings release, including:
* prepare supporting schedules and documentation;
* update financial statement and earnings release disclosures;
* coordinate supporting documentation requests from others in the organization;
* prepare audit deliverables for external auditors; and
* prepare XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
This person will also assist in the preparation of the monthly internal reporting, including:
* prepare monthly financial statement reporting packages for management; and
* perform analytics on consolidated financial results.
Finally, the Financial Reporting Analyst will support corporate and technical accounting processes, including:
* keep current with updates to US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
* prepare quarterly impairment assessment of real estate portfolio;
* prepare documentation and maintain processes in compliance with SOX requirements; and
* support other ad hoc requests and projects from senior management.
Experience & Education
* BS in Accounting from an accredited university;
* 2-3 years practical experience preferred and experience in preparing SEC filings is a plus;
* Public accounting experience preferred; and
* CPA preferred.
* Solid accounting background with an understanding of the monthly close and reporting process.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate details of financial information prepared.
* Excellent computer skills and experience with pivot tables and Excel functions/formulas required.
* The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
* Detail oriented self-starter willing to take ownership to develop and implement process enhancements & business solutions.
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently
* Organizational, prioritization and time management skills are essential.
* Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
AvalonBay conducts drug and background screening for all hires. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable state and federal laws.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.