Financial Analyst Summer InternApply Now
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Summer Financial Analyst Intern to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at our Corporate Headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistentpersonal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Our Summer Internship Program focuses on employing high-achieving undergraduate talent with interest in gaining broad real estate experience at a best in class Company. The 10 week paid program is centered within Financial Planning & Analysis and involves working with all of AvalonBay’s major business groups including development, investments, finance, and asset management, to name a few. The role also provides opportunities to develop strong business acumen, quantitative, and presentation skills. You will collaborate with and learn directly from the company’s senior and executive leadership team, providing them with recommendations for strategic decision making through the collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation of financial data.
We don’t have a typical day, but you can expect to conduct detailed analyses of historical financial data, provide underwriting support on potential investments, build models to project future performance, and provide critical support to our development/redevelopment teams, budgeting and capital planning team, and property management team.
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or in another quantitative or business-related field.
- Strong problems solving skills and a desire to put them to use in a meaningful way.
- The intellectual curiosity to truly learn about all aspects of our business and new tools/skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational ability. You have a diligent work ethic, desiring to work in a fast-paced environment that supports a balance of independent work and team collaboration.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with SQL, R, Power BI/Tableau, and VBA is a plus.
How AvalonBay Supports You
- An engaging team that values the unique contributions of each team member.
- Exposure to all aspects of real estate, including development, investments, finance, and asset management.
- Visibility with senior and executive leadership.
- Opportunity to learn how a best-in-class company operates.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
By being hired into one of our Finance jobs at AvalonBay Communities, you’ll be a key member of the AvalonBay Communities team. Professionals in Finance careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Finance job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Finance at AvalonBay Communities may be waiting for you!
- Revenue Management Analyst Arlington, Virginia