Director, Quality Assurance & Design Resources
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Director, Quality Assurance and Design Resources is responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of design, engineering, and material selection at all AvalonBay communities and development projects. This position is responsible for the development of processes for the standardization and systemization of product type and ensuring its compliance during design and construction.
- Oversight of Construction and Design Standards development and management.
- Oversight of Quality Assurance Processes and Management team.
- Oversight of Accessibility Risk Management and Compliance. Includes coordinating with development teams, third party consultants, legal and property operations to ensure compliance with local and federal accessibility requirements.
- PropTech and Construction Technology adoption: collaborate with the Corporate Strategic Initiatives group to evaluate various technologies and then coordinate with teams to test or pilot selected platforms.
- Work with internal teams to identify gaps in QA processes and develop policies as necessary.
- Provide regular updates to senior management on QA and Standards updates.
- Oversight of development and implementation of training of processes and standards for development, construction and operations associates.
- Chairs Product Standards Committee, Quality Assurance Steering Committee, and ad hoc task forces for standards management.
- Develops a process for the analysis of building products and components.
- Coordinates feedback within AvalonBay and establishes means of disseminating lessons learned throughout the organization and to design consultants.
- Manage team including QA and Design Resources associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Mechanical Architecture or Construction Technology.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in architecture, construction, or related field.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 26670
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer