Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
At AvalonBay we are building the industry’s most advanced data science capability. Join a green-field opportunity to apply machine learning and statistical analysis to challenges in Revenue Management, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service and Investment for one of the largest REITs in the country. The Data Analytics role involves:
- Applying machine learning and statistical modeling to large datasets to develop business insight
- Lead implementation of business solutions based on modeling and machine learning results
- Work with senior management and business analysts to identify strategic opportunities for data analytics impact
- Work with data engineering and IT to productionize machine learning solutions
- Create compelling data visualizations to support conclusions and provide recommendations
- Communicate recommendations effectively to senior management
This is a great opportunity for a Data Science professional interested in expanding their skills and learning from the best in the industry.
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. from a statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational social science or operations research program.
- Solid background in the fundamentals of machine learning and statistical modeling
- Experience conducting analysis and writing analytic code in R or Python or similar analysis and modeling tools. Experience merging and analyzing large, diverse data sources. AWS/Hadoop/Hive/Pig and Spark a plus.
- Proficient with SQL and comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience in building production-level machine learning and predictive analytics models along with data pipelines.
- Experience creating data visualizations in Power BI, Tableau, D3 or similar.
- The ability to explain complex technical material to nontechnical audiences
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29239
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer