Application Support Specialist
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
We are looking for a highly creative and intellectually curious Application Support Specialist to join a team responsible for responding to customer questions and issues for AvalonBay’s resident portal (Avalon Access). The internal support team operates in a high-energy, rapid-paced, and entrepreneurial environment and you will have the opportunity to shape the team’s future.
The Application Support Specialist will support a wide range of support cases for our resident and associate portal products. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical savvy, strategic thinking, and customer management skills. She or he will not be afraid to hop on a call with the end user and get into the details to debug the issue if necessary.
• Act as the primary technical point-of-contact for clients utilizing our portal products.
• Manage and meet key performance indicators and quality metrics for the team, e.g. 24 hour SLA to respond to a case.
• Maintain close working relationships with the internal product managers and development engineers, providing feedback to improve the product based on end user issues.
• Enter, monitor, and update support tickets in the issue tracking system to track progress and resolution of customer issues.
• Develop documentation and FAQs that can be utilized to preempt end users from needing to open a support ticket.
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
• At least 1 year of experience with APIs or methods to test APIs (CURL or Postman).
• At least 1 year of experience in supporting software or services.
• At least 1 year of experience in a technical support role.
• 1+ years of experience designing, developing, or using APIs that are used by a digital or web application.
• 1+ years of experience deploying and managing applications on cloud-based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2, S3, Azure, Google Cloud, or Heroku).
• 1+ years of experience working with services managed on AWS or Azure.
• 1+ years of experience using ServiceNow for customer support.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
As an Information Technology associate, you will be a key member of the AvalonBay team. You will be working with the best and brightest individuals in the industry, and will enjoy a compensation and benefits package that is as competitive as any in the business. Please click on your desired job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A rewarding job in Information Technology at AvalonBay may be waiting for you!