Ancillary Services Program Manager
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Reporting into the Director of Ancillary Services, this person will be responsible for managing, implementing, and evaluating the performance of Ancillary On-site Service Programs (Rooftop Antenna Licensing, Package Management, ATM and Vending Programs, Sharing Economy Initiatives, etc.) for AvalonBay.
- Manages all operational aspects of AVB’s existing Ancillary Services Programs.
- Evaluates and implements new Ancillary Services Programs, including conducting due diligence of potential vendors, supporting efforts to analyze potential revenue/cost savings, and coordinating with on-site staff.
- Creates project plans for implementation of new programs.
- Acts as an internal point of contact to all AVB stakeholders on all logistical issues related to each service.
- Partners with AVB Operations to communicate services to residents,
- Develops success metrics (KPIs) for each program/service, which can be used to monitor and track performance to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Identifies and implements program modifications if desired results are not being achieved.
- Collaborates with AVB internal stakeholders to implement new programs.
- Other special projects, which include assisting with the testing and deployment of new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required from an accredited university
- 4 – 6 years of experience in Property/Asset/Program Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Multi-tasks efficiently and effectively
- Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Creates and delivers group presentations on function-related subject matter and writes reports in a clear, concise form.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills by working on inter-departmental special projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
#LI-HyrbidJob ID 28515
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
"I'm constantly challenged, pushed to think creatively, and I love that I am empowered to act like a business owner."Darius, Maintenance Manager
"Everything is on the table. You determine your skills, opportunities and career development… but it helps to have a supervisor, mentor and company to support you."Karen, SVP Corporate Initiatives
"Be curious and ask to be considered to work on projects outside of your comfort zone."Jackie, SCP of Redev and Asset Management
"Given where technology is today and where AvalonBay wants to be, it makes me really excited about what we can create together, how we can affect change in the industry and the value we can unlock for both our customer and our business."Rukus, Sr. Vice President and Chief Digital Officer