Affordable Housing SpecialistApply Now
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018 and Indeed's Top Rated Work Places in Washington, D.C.!
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.Whether it’s helping someone choose one of our communities as their home, providing great service to our residents, or supporting our fellow associates, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live - and work.
This position requires a highly motivated and skilled professional to perform a wide range of high-level administration and project support tasks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain all documents with updated information such as income limits and policy changes and communicate/train on-site staff as needed to ensure their understanding and implementation of affordable housing program rules.
- Audit compliance with all regulatory requirements and complete all necessary periodic reports for affordable housing programs.
- Maintain files with all relevant/required contracts such as tenant selection plans, regulatory agreements, management agreements and comprehensive permits.
- Perform periodic recertification for affordable housing programs to ensure continued eligibility of such programs.
- Review recertification reports to identify and address issues.
- Respond to internal and external inquires regarding AVB’s affordable housing program. Provide guidance to on-site personnel regarding new lease-ups to ensure compliance.
- Review, prepare and submit various reports related to AVB’s compliance with affordable housing regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all AVB operational policies and procedures.
The perfect candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, energetic, self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This person should be enthusiastic and comfortable dealing with a wide variety of professionals. The candidate should be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently. He or she must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters, and have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities. In addition, candidates should have a high school diploma or equivalency (GED) and at least one year of office administrative experience. On-site experience with affordable housing is desirable.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.